Tuesday, April 14, 2009

do you see the Geodesic patterns?

Friends & Lovers of Humanity,

Next to my parents, R. Buckminster Fuller has had the greatest impact on my life. I met Dr. Fuller when I was twelve-years-old for two-days and for a third day when I was thirteen. Dr. Fuller began his talk with us by saying, "Call me Bucky." These interviews became a book written by Richard J. Brenneman, Fuller's Earth which is currently being re-released.

How was I chosen to be one of the three kids? My mom sold me in. Richard Brenneman was looking for two girls and one boy. He already had one boy and one girl and my persuasive mom successfully rallied for my inclusion. Thank you Mom. I had recently won Best-of-Show in my elementary school science fair. There were a few dirty-little-secrets about the project that were never publicly discussed, until now...
  1. All three children were currently attending Christian Science Sunday schools when the interviews took place. NOTEWORTHY: Neither me nor the other two Bucky Kids are Christian Scientists. Also, Richard Brenneman's next book was an exposé of Christian Science.
  2. Bucky discussed clairavoyance and almost all references to extra sensitive perceptions were stripped from the book.
  3. Bucky's tone of urgency is also removed from the book. NOTEWORTHY: Cosmography, the book Fuller completed on the day he was taken to the hospital where he died three days later was not published for nine years.
=> Buy Bucky's book, FULLER'S EARTH, here. Thank you.

It wasn't until I was thirty-nine did I receive my most poignant gift from Bucky, he taught me how to be happy. However, Bucky's impact on my life started immediately. At age 14, I read Synergetics, a book that will sculpt your mind around the natural philosophy proof Bucky crafted with E. J. Applewhite. Moreover, Bucky gave me the fortitude to intellectually stand up to teachers who appeared to me to have stilted representations of reality. However, my biggest Bucky shakabuku arrived in 1992 when I passed by a book store and saw a new book by Buckminster Fuller, Cosmography. I bought the book and read it straight through... it was in that evening that I truly caught The Bucky Virus. I tell this tale in the free book Poker Without Cards.

Cosmography begins... The dark ages still reign over all humanity, and the depth and persistence of this domination are only now becoming clear. This Dark Ages prison has no steel bars, chains, or locks. Instead, it is locked by misorientation and built of misinformation. Caught up in a plethora of conditioned reflexes and driven by the human ego, both warden and prisoner attempt meagerly to compete with God. All are intractably skeptical of what they do not understand. We are powerfully imprisoned in these Dark Ages simply by the terms in which we have been conditioned to think.

=> Buy FULLER'S EARTH, here. Thank you.

No comments: