Sunday, October 11, 2009

Love Story draft 2.3 ending.

the neat thing is i can't f*ck up. She likes what I write and her writing on love is where I fell for her. So we got this going for us.

What you are about to read concludes a story of fiction. This is important for the hobbyist reader to grasp. This isn't her writing about us, okay?

I found this story in her anthology...
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Please remember the narrator is NOT me, it's fun fiction people!

[story excerpted. you can SO search online]

"So, after an amorous, or hurried, depending on your style, embrace you take leave of your lover requesting they take leave of the stall (our stall, sigh) in about fifteen minutes. Don't say anything clever as you leave just smile and walk on like the erotic stranger you are. Now you are free to ponder the depth of your compatibility and your desire to see them again. Love is a tricky thing that gets very complicated and at times it can be hard to decipher your feelings, so don't. Instead go by this one simple rule: The more you want them, the more you love them. That's what love is."

That was it. I was in love. I don't know what letter it happened on. I read her take on love and I said that's mine. That's brilliant and she's hot.

Stephen King's memoir on writing talks about having a girl who he enjoys writing for because they are writing each other's love story and at times it happens to be a horror genre.

Audrey, when I read your story, I saw myself with more loving eyes. Perhaps that's Narcisistic of me or something like that to some and whatever. They can think how they think.

And then I hear your sweet words in my mind...

"...Now you are free to ponder the depth of your compatibility and your desire to see them again. Love is a tricky thing that gets very complicated and at times it can be hard to decipher your feelings, so don't. Instead go by this one simple rule: The more you want them, the more you love them. That's what love is."

You uncomplicated love for me. It's as simple as that. You demystified metaphysical gravity for me. Thank you. I love you Audrey.
♡⁂♡

1 comment:

Audrey Kerwood said...

Thank you Ben, I love you.

This story turns most people off and, from what I've heard, most don't even make it to the end. They say it's "too much" and "awkward". And I agree, that was part of the fun of writing it.

The fact that this story touched you and changed your perception of me for the better is one of the many reasons I love you.

The way you see things is opening my mind and my heart. You have given me a new view of myself and of love and I am grateful to have you in my life and be able to say I love you Ben - because, wow, I so totally do.