Saturday, June 19, 2010

Magic Without Cards

Cosmic Fishing
Chapter 1

"The most important thing to ask about any technology is how it changes people." ~Jaron Lanier, You Are Not A Gadget

How is reading this book the best thing to happen for you? If you can't make a list of at least three things by the end of Chapter 1, ask for your money back.

Experiencing life as happening 'to you' rather than 'for you' results in dramatically different emotional benefits. And, whether you believe you can feel a difference in seeing the world as happening for you versus to you, or you believe you can't, you are right.

I am writing to the fisher in each of us. Fishers never stop fishing, and pros often switch streams. I cast my rod as a form of meditation. When I catch a player, we jam for a while, and my goal is that neither of us ever feel caught.

The trick to fishing for a living is fishing every chance you want. Otherwise it's just a job, and as a Canadian friend of mine reminds me: that aint what I'm writing a boat. We cast our rods to question our answers as we ask ourselves, "In what ways is this the best thing to happen for me?"

As the key to having money is having sum, the trick to answers is havinge one. Having more than one answer is like having more than one watch, you're never realy quite sure which one to believe. If you want to come cosmic fishing with me, leave your answers by the stream's side.

My fisher friends don't stop fishing for long. We all need to hike from one stream to another, and sometimes that's exactly where we catch an amazingly wonderful flying fish.

Our mindful aye may sea a spade as a symbol of a soldier; almost nE1 will agree a club began as a weapon of war. The beauty of diamonds to me, are their fluidity of transforming into money for these words some call Sequential Art, but that's not the shape of my heart.

When I break out my cards I may play the Jack of Diamonds, she may be the Queen of Spades, and by the night's early dawn, we play with ideas fresh and wild, and the memories of our idyl wilds may linger.

May we be careful with each other's feelings, so neither of us feels caught. Letting go is full of ideas, of memories best not described as fraught.

We each bought the ticket and took the ride. I'll beg your pardon if I pretend there was a sweat taken off this hyde. I get dramatic like that from thyme two Justin time.

Of love, those who speak without action know nothing. We've each felt the STING, and discovered to our cost, those who curse their luck in too many places, and those who fear, are lost.

And when I told you that I loved you, did you think there's something wrong? I'm not a man of too many faces. The mask I wear is one. In declaring I love you, I have experienced many joys beyond notation, regrets none.

I'm sorry. The last thing I heard is what I said. Please forgive me. Regardless of your saying I don't need forgiveness, doesn't release me from the craving. So I repeat to myself: "I'm sorry. Please dforgive me." and I add: "Thank you. I love you." And I repeat as necessay, each time I feel caught by your spell.

Simply because we are not together doesn't mean I won't love you forever. And, pardon me please if you feel caught in these words. I'm sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you. I love you.

I know I do.

I'm sorry. Please forgive me.

Thank you.

Love,

~Ben

No comments: