Friday, April 2, 2010

Livingry, Weaponry & Media Ecology


Can we all agree that the words we say in our head, impacts the way we see the world? I know this is an idea that Western Medicine finally recognized as recently as the 1970's.

This isn't a difference between Dr. Eric Knowles' Alpha & Omega Persuasion, this is a matter of memetics & semantics.

Some say that Livingry and Weaponry language patters are akin to each other as Knowle's Alpha Persuasion language patterns and Knowle's Omega Persuasion language patters. I respectfully disagree with my esteemed colleagues in academia.

Welcome to outsider philosophy, the voice of clarity that emerges when a microphone is taken by somebody smart who didn't sell-out as much as other memeticists.

How might I suggest more of you academics read about Spiral Dynamics. Perhaps then more of you might try on an outsider's lens on persuasion and social dynamics, and look at my data set, and see if you see what I see. Could make for a thesis.

Hi, My name is Ben Mack and I am a performing philosopher, an evolutionary scientist and I get paid for being a media ecologist.

Here's the deal... People who speak primarily in weapony words, appear to me as saturated with paranoid ideas of killing. People who speak primarily in livingry words, appear to me as saturated with "happier" ideas.

I can show you data. I wrote the first draft of the PowerPoint slide on the Nag Theory that you see in the documentary The Corporation.

No comments: